Our church has had a long, illustrious, service-oriented, faith-filled history. Its mission has always been to equip saints to go to the four corners of the world to spread the gospel as Jesus instructed his followers to do. Even though there have been several name changes since its inception, the mission has always remained the same.
It was 1952 when our founding members established the San Lorenzo Assembly of God in San Lorenzo, California, under the leadership of Pastor Weaver, at the corner of Hesperian and Lewelling Boulevard. When city boundary lines were changed, the church was renamed the San Leandro Assembly of God and the church hold services in an old dance club that sat where Walmart now conducts business.
In the late 1950s, Pastor Perry A. Scroggins became the church’s senior pastor. Members built a new church at our current site in 1959, and services were held in the part that is now the gymnasium. The church was renamed “Haven of Rest.”
In 1982, the new sanctuary was constructed along with classrooms and offices. During the mid-1990s, the church was renamed to “Lewelling Community Church.” Finally, in 2006, the name was changed to “International Christian Center, East Bay.”
ICC Pastors Since 1952
Pastor Weaver 1952 – 1954
Perry A. Scroggins 1973 – 1973
Phillip H. Steward 1973 – 1998
Charles Phillip Stewart 1998 – 2013
Tim Hohm 2014 – 2016
Steven Sumner May 2016 – present